Invisalign is a clear aligner that gradually moves teeth into their ideal positions. At Kirby Dentistry, we recommend Invisalign because it is made with BPA-free plastic and contains no metal components, making it very comfortable to wear. The aligners are removable but must be worn for at least 22 hours daily for effective treatment. They fit comfortably over your natural teeth and gradually move them into place as you wear them.
The fact that you’re able to take them off when you need to eat or brush your teeth makes them ideal for maintaining your oral health during treatment. You don’t have to worry about flossing around wires or struggling with food getting stuck in your braces. Instead, you remove your aligners and clean your mouth usually.
Invisalign works best on mild to moderate orthodontic problems, including gaps between teeth or teeth that are crowded together. Patients who want to straighten their teeth without the look of traditional metal braces often choose Invisalign because it is transparent.
How Is Invisalign Different From Braces?
Braces, when applied correctly, can effectively straighten teeth. However, there are more cosmetically attractive options than traditional metal braces.
Brackets and wires can discolor and stain your teeth, requiring daily cleaning and more attention to oral hygiene. But with Invisalign, there are no brackets or wires to scratch the inside of your mouth or cause discoloration.
The aligners are smooth and removable for eating and cleaning, making them as easy to clean and maintain as your natural teeth! It also eliminates the need for frequent appointments at the dentist’s office so patients can experience less disruption in their daily routines.
The Benefits of Invisalign
- Since they are removable, you don’t have to worry about getting food stuck in your Invisalign. You can remove your aligners and eat what you want!
- Since the aligners are custom-made for your mouth, they gently shift your teeth into place over time.
- Patients who use Invisalign report less pain overall.
- No need to worry about wires or brackets irritating your mouth and lip area. It’s completely smooth and comfortable!
- If you play sports or have a busy social calendar, Invisalign is a better option than braces because you do not have to worry about the appliance breaking or coming loose. Remove it when eating, drinking, or playing sports!
- Since the trays are clear, you can straighten your smile without anyone noticing you’re undergoing treatment. Your friends will be none the wiser!
If you’re interested in finding out whether or not you’re a good candidate for Invisalign, contact Kirby Dentistry at 45 W Crossville Rd Suite 505, Roswell 30075, or call (770) 993-7424 to learn more or to schedule a consultation. We will be happy to check if you’re eligible for treatment and discuss how it can benefit your smile.